Sunday, December 20, 2009

Boozing It Up & Monkeying Around

This reminds me of a freshman kegger. These monkeys crack me up! And it seems somewhat holiday related and appropriate given that its all about booze.



Btw, cookie-palooza went great, but of course I ran out of cookies to give people. I'm running around the house finishing our laundry so we can pack and trying to bake and clean up a bit. The following is a list of the cookies we baked last Friday:



* Pistachio Pudding Cookies (substitute the pistachio pudding for banana pudding in the recipe)
* Almond Cloud Cookies
* Chocolate Salty Sable Cookies
1 1/4 C flour, 1/2 C dutch processed cocoa, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 3/4 C unsalted butter, 2/3 C light brown sugar, 1/4 C regular sugar, 1/2 tsp sea salt (or Kosher salt), 1 tsp vanilla extract, 5 oz. bittersweet chocolate- finely chopped

Sift together flour, cocoa, and baking soda. Beat the butter with the sugars until smooth and cream in a seperate bowl. Add salt and vanilla. Stir in dry ingredients to form a crumbly dough. Add the chocolate and stir just to distribute. Turn the dough onto a clean surface and divide in 1/2. Roll into two logs. Wrap in plastic and chill for at least 1 hour or freeze. Slice pieces off and bake at 325 degrees for 10-12 minutes.

*Molasses Ginger Snaps
¾ C butter
1 C sugar
¼ C light molasses
1 egg
2+ C flour
1 tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger (scant)
(plus extra sugar in which to roll the cookies before baking)

Soften butter. Mix all together. Roll into balls. Roll in sugar.
Bake on cookie sheet at 375 for ~8 min.
(makes 3-4 dozen)

My apologies for the difference in recipe set up above. I had to write the third recipe out and was able to cut and paste the fourth so it looks all goofy :) All four cookies are guaranteed to impress anyone you make them for and turn them into cookie addicts. Use this kind of power with caution my friends, lol :)

Cheers and Happy Holidays! I'll try to post while I'm on vacation but we'll see. I fear my Mom will figure out I have a blog if I try to write on their computer at home, lol. Its the one thing I have private (and yes, there are many layers of irony in that statement!)

No comments: