Thursday, December 10, 2009

My Christmas 2009 List



This is what happens in mid-Dec when your boss takes off early to go write a final exam and there are only like 2 people who showed up to work on your floor. I made a purdy collage of everything on my Christmas list this year and a few extra things that aren't on a list. If you click on the link you can see each of the items and where you can buy them. I know for sure I got like 50% of the stuff b/c I cheated and saw that my Mom purchased some of it on Amazon.com (I didn't see which items though, just that she purchased some). About 7% of the items on there I'll definitely not see this Christmas but I thought it would be fun to see them up there on my happy little virtual gift spooge. That gorgeous little food processor is already in my possession thanks to early delivery and the extreme thoughtfulness of The Boyfriend's lovely, sweet and wonderful parents. And we found out the other night that we're getting The Boyfriend's grandma's old kitchen aid stand mixer! Free kitchen aid stand mixer = F'ing awesome!!!

The jury is still out on what to get Gran, but other than that all gifts are purchased and slowly arriving at their destinations. This year's holiday travel plans have been pleasantly organized and its making me really excited to see everyone over the Christmas break. The only downer is that my brother isn't going to make it home this year. He lives in Charlotte, NC and works for a big corp. steakhouse. His district manager was just replaced with a douche-bag who told my bro he couldn't have 2 days off (27th and 28th) to come up to VA to be with us. Karma is so going to bite that dude in the ass. Its not like they're running an ER, its a freaking steakhouse and they can have someone else fill in as kitchen manager those two off days for crying out loud. I'm hoping something will change at the last minute, but if it doesn't the family might just pile into the car for a 5 hr drive to spend a few hours with my brother- a nomadic Christmas, lol :) It just sucks b/c my brother and I used to be super close and now I see him for about 24-36 hrs once a year over Christmas. Boo!

Christmas cards are also out and baking starts next week with my homie M-dog. Tuesday we're making homemade peppermint flavored marshmallows topped with crunched up candy cane bits and homemade instant hot cocoa. I'm really excited about this one. On Thursday M-dog and a couple other close buddies are coming over for in immense cookie baking night! On the list this year (instead of homemade truffles b/c they're a pain in the ass and were under appreciated) are chocolate salty sable cookies, pistachio pudding cookies, moose-shaped shortbread cookies, molasses cookies, and almond cloud cookies. I love cooking, especially when it involves my besties and a bunch of cookies. I'll post pics and recipes next week :) Yay for Christmas!

No comments: