Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I Hate It When Cool People Croak


Yesterday Hollywood special effects guru, Stan Winston, passed away at the age of 62. When I saw the headline initially, they only attached the Jurassic Park movie to his name. Cool movie, but not enough to make me sad that their special effects guy croaked. Then I read a little more about him on filmdrunk.com: he helped create the 14 ft tall Alien Queen from "Aliens" as well as Terminators from the first two films, and the Predator. On top of those fantastic accomplishments he also participated in the movies "Interview with a Vampire" and "Batman Returns". (Those aren't the only movies he did, just the cool ones off of the list I read ;) ) After reading that he created some of the most beloved creatures from my childhood, I shed a small tear.

No comments: