Thursday, August 27, 2009

A Day Late, But Still Works



Sorry for not posting in a while, but I've had laptop issues at home. The hard drive of my gigantic burglar-killer of a laptop I received for my undergraduate graduation finally kicked the bucket. The Boyfriend kindly loaned me his old Mac, but it seems to be having some issues as well. We'll see what we can do with it this weekend to fix it up. :) I've had a pretty bananas week that included lots of running, the discovery of gel packs (Carbboom specifically), PCR not amplifying samples again- only amplifying my positives without explanation, taking care of sick kitties, calf pick up, calf care due to umbilical cord ickiness not healing properly, more requests at work for shit I don't have time for, my yearly lady appt, students arriving back on campus for the start of the semester and a few tasty meals even though I managed to bomb my Dad's rib recipe last Sunday. Needless to say I've been falling asleep early each night. I'll be spending today in the office trying to put together a ppt for a 3 hour talk I'm supposed to give Friday morning on an "Introduction to Microbiology" which should be interesting. I'm bringing in a jar with a human tapeworm to gross out the suits I'm training, he he.

No comments: