Tuesday, August 18, 2009

My Summer Vacation

I'll give you the Reader's Digest version in 3 slide shows seen below:







I stopped off at Kentucky first to visit my college roomie and meet her new daughter. Emily was a little peach and I enjoyed taking a number of photos of her. She's into blowing raspberries all day long and can really spray baby saliva pretty far- its impressive to say the least. Then off to VA to visit my folks. The day after I arrived in VA, my Mom and I jumped in the car and drove off to Pittsburgh, PA to visit some family. I haven't been there in 10 years and thought it might be really nice to go back and see my Great Aunt again before she croaks. Two days cramming in a bunch of awesome stuff (see list below) then back in the car to VA. Spent the next few days with my Dad giving me rides on his new motorcycle, shopping for Mom's first Harley, visiting the Taphouse and its lovely patrons, and just relaxing and spending time with my folks. One day my Dad even made me pancakes for breakfast then amazing ribs for dinner. Needless to say when I got home my tummy needed a rest.

- Carnegie Natural History Museum and Art Museum
- Primanti Bros. (featured on Man vs Food)
- Deluca's for breakfast (also featured on Man vs Food)
- Strip District
- Pittsburgh Zoo
- Umi for sushi with my Aunt Sue
- Duquesne Incline
- (I'm probably forgetting something b/c we crammed a bunch of stuff in!)

No comments: