Saturday, September 26, 2009

Taco Bell For Breakfast


I found a coupon in our university newspaper for free Cinnabon balls as part of the new Taco Bell breakfast menu. Cinnabon for breakfast you say? Well yes please, thank you very much! I drove over this morning with my coupon in hand and timidly asked the assistant manager at the register if they had any of the Cinnabon balls left. I was sure they'd have run out since it was half an hour before they were done serving breakfast. He replied that they in fact had plenty of tasty icing filled goodness left- I promptly did a mini shimmy-happy dance. I ordered my sugar, a classic breakfast burrito (egg, cheese and bacon), a potato and cheese burrito and a cup of Seattle's Best coffee. When I've ordered that brand of coffee in the past while on campus it has tasted more foul than any gas-station-in-the-middle-of-nowhere coffee I'd ever tasted. But I figured for experiment's sake I'd just order the coffee and give it another try. All items ordered were surprisingly tasty. The coffee, although not anywhere near gourmet, did not suck. The two burritos, although really mini, were tasty when eaten at the same time. And the Cinnabon balls were rocking, but you had to be careful that all the icing didn't spoodge out the back when you took a bite. As far as fast food breakfast goes, I thought it got somewhere between a B+ and an A-. I'm basing this opinion on needing to order some decent breakfast while one is jumping in the car for a long drive somewhere after spending the night in a motel with a subpar mattress and no continental breakfast. By the way, my breakfast (with coupon) cost me $2.89 this morning. Taco Bell rocks! (Note: I hold this opinion even after working at one as a shift manager for 3 1/2 years to help pay for college).

No comments: