Thursday, May 28, 2009

Happy Morning Noise



This video is of employees at FAO Schwarz performing some fun entertainment.

In addition to some morning happy noise, I have a quick book review for Pride, Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith and Jane Austen. The prose of the book took a little getting used to for me, but then again I read trashy fun novels to relax. I have a hard time focusing when reading all those award winning novels. With those books its more about how the story is written, not what the story is and how the characters are relating. I'm in it for the story, even if its scribbled down in crayon by a five year old so long as its compelling. The characters and their zombie fighting skills are a riot and I thought it was a really fun adaptation of the original novel. Elizabeth Bennett is one kick ass broad who at one point eats the still beating heart from the chest of a ninja she was sparring with. I highly recommend they add this book to the high school curriculum of English lit torture! I did feel like I missed out on a few of the jokes by not having read the first book. I fast-forwarded through the film enough to understand basically what was going on. But I have a feeling people will enjoy the comparisons more and how the characters have been upgraded in this novel if they've read the original.

No comments: