Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Repo! the Genetic Opera - FAIL!

Convinced M-dog and Annielicious that this would be an awesome movie to watch. We all figured we'd give it a real try in hopes of a modern Rocky Horror Pictureshow. This movie SUCKED. Paris Hilton wasn't anywhere near the worst part of the movie either- she actually did pretty good. Sarah Brightman's voice was beautiful and I like the opening song for the trailer. But everything else bombed horribly. Alexa Vega's character goes into this angsty tyrade of a song bitching out her father and it was just awful. I was happy when her dad belted her at the end of it. There were some serious daddy issues being displayed here as well and I'm thinking the writers need some good old fashioned therapy. The Graverobber was cool, until I read the credits at the end of the film and realized he was a writer- boo. The end had the characters being inconsistant and left the audience not really knowing why the hell we sat there for an hour and a half. I don't recommend this movie at all and its the furthest thing from a cult classic as you can get.

To end on a high note, Star Trek kicked ass in the theater. I cried a bit in the beginning. Shhh, don't tell! The action was awesome and the young versions of the characters we've all grown up with did a damned fine job. It took me a little to get over Zach Quinto playing Spock (he was my favorite) and I couldn't get over Winona Rider playing his mom- that was a little awkward. Eric Bana did a fine job as a psycho bad guy and of course Simon Pegg was lovely. All and all it was the kind of action packed movie you could take anyone to and they'd enjoy it. I told my mom she'd like it and not to get depressed if dad said he wanted to go. Its a freaking shame it ended up surpassed by Night At The Museum 2 this past weekend. Thumbs down people!

No comments: