Sunday, February 8, 2009

Mad Decorating Skills



Above is the before photo and below is the after photo of our mad decorating skills in the dining room. After a trip to Ikea and a very successful sale of my old buffet/bookshelf on Craigslist, we have the wonderful transformation below. The bright orange Air armchairs were a birthday present from my honey. I wanted curtains with a loud, large Marimekko pattern on them, but Ikea didn't have the exact style I wanted. Of course actual Marimekko fabric is phenomenonally out of my price range. But maybe one day... *looks up wishfully thinking* (lol) Instead we went with a cute and cheap ($14.99) set of curtains- Wohoo for thriftiness! I'm super happy with the results and the current set up will give our dinner guests a little more room to sit comfortably when they come over.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

It looks *so nice*! You guys have done an amazing job on the whole house.

Michelle said...

Also - I've spent a portion of tonight lusting over some Merimekko fabric...it's just so pretty! (b/c I'm thinking that a nice weekend project would be to refinish the two chairs in my livingroom...I don't think it would be too great a task and I think they could really look nice w/ some TLC.)